5.03.2013

Life is Good! (Especially on Vacation) The End

     Thanks to some great tips*, we also checked out the Bonita Springs area and went to the beautiful Barefoot Beach.  We knew it was going to be good when we went through the area of million dollar homes to get there!
     This time, we did have our suits and towels and the weather was perfect!!  We relaxed on the beach for awhile, took a walk, and then about four hours later hunger and some overexposure to the sun got the best of the kids so we headed out.  I had been strongly advised by two girlfriends to check out Best of Everything store which I was told had great jewelry and accessories.  So, I dragged my hot and hungry group to the store and made some pretty good finds (well, as best I could with the added pressure of everyone waiting for me!)  It's definitely a fun store!!


My Girls!!!!
     The next day, the kids and "Mr. Living" headed to Sarasota to Mote Aquarium.  I received permission from all the kids to stay and have the pool to myself all day!!  It was a wonderful day for me, and the kids enjoyed the aquarium a lot!!
     On a rainy day, we checked out Coconut Point mall!!  Lots of good restaurants and great stores!!  Why is it that even the malls seem better when you're on vacation!!? 
     We ate all but our Easter breakfast and most of our lunches at the house, but we did have some good dinners out at Lobster Lady (seafood), Sweet Tomatos  (which we discovered in AZ and has a great salad bar among other things), and Moes (Southwest/Mexican) to name a few.  We also made a stop at Cicis and Panera as well as Menchies for fro yo (more than once)  You are lucky if you have a Menchies near you!  One just opened near us and we are more excited than we should be (I could do a whole post on it, and maybe I will)!! 
     During our stay, we knew that tons of people from Michigan were also vacationing in Florida which is not that unusual.  I know people visit Florida from all over, but really, look at the license plates some time.  Michigan, Michigan, Michigan, Ohio, New Jersey, Michigan.  My sister-in-law and her family were at Marco Island, my aunt was at Treasure Island, and some of the kids friends were all around us, too.  Thanks to my cousin and social media, we also realized another aunt and uncle and one of my cousins were also at their condo in Bonita which was not far from us.  I was glad I was able to get in touch with them before they headed back to Michigan and they invited us to hang out with them for a bit, see their condo, (drink some wine*) and watch the sunset!!  In fact, we were having so much fun we almost forgot about the sunset -- but it was a pretty one!!
     We had a great trip and it was just what we needed when we needed it!! 

If you're joining me from Kelly's Korner Moms of Teens - WELCOME!!  I have a 15 year old daughter finishing up her sophomore year of high school and twins (boy/girl) in 7th grade who will be 13 next month!!  I made a few friends from this link up last year...would love to make some new ones!!


*Thanks, Lisa!!!!
(ok, you too, Donna)
 

Mote Aquarium

Estero, FL


Best of Everything -- Awesome!



Million Dollar Houses...
Guess I Was Too Busy Dreaming to Take Pictures!!



Being Barefoot on Barefoot Beach -- Priceless!!

*You should check this out!!  Chocolate Rouge, Sweet Red Wine
Thanks, Aunt Barb ;)

Our Family...
Not Perfect But I Love Them!!


My Aunt, Cousins and Us Crazy Girls!!
  
Sunset
Bonita Beach, FL
 

5 comments:

Ruth said...

What a great vacation! You certainly deserved it.

Unknown said...

Wow! It definitely looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

yaya said...

Now that's my idea of a great vacation! Sun, sand, good food, family and no snow! Your pix are great..I'm glad you had such a good time! have a good weekend and I hope your weather is good and not cold!

Kerri said...

Aren't vacations the best?! And now, I want to go to Florida! I haven't been there in years. I grew up in Ohio and we went there every other summer to visit my grandparents. Oh, how I would love to live there! Looks like you guys had a great trip!

Donna said...

:) Next time it's going to be you, me and Nancy!!