8.31.2013

My "Go To" Summer Salad

     Well hello out there in blogland!!  This poor little blog has been so neglected, but here I am with a quick post on what has been my "go to" summer salad.  It was totally inspired by the salad I LOVE at Salad Creations.  They call it their Sesame Shrimp Salad -- the problem is, there is only one Salad Creations I know of and it is 45 minutes away so we only occasionally stop there on our way home from "up north". 
     Ya know how when you just crave something sometimes!!!???  Well, this healthy salad was actually a "good" kind of craving so I knew I had to try to duplicate it.  I must say, the results were pretty much spot on to the real deal, and it's oh so refreshingly good!! 

  Here's what you'll need:

spring mix - mixed greens
cooked shrimp (fresh or frozen)
canned mandarin oranges
sesame seeds
tortilla (or wonton) strips
Kraft (Lite) Asian Toasted Sesame salad dressing
 
I just thaw the frozen shrimp under cold running water, and
 then pat dry with paper towel
 
 
 
In a large bowl I add the spring mix, 1/2 small can of mandarin oranges (no juice),
sprinkle sesame seeds (which to me are more for looks), add the tortilla strips
(I use about 1/4 c.) and then add the shrimp
 

Then, to make it even more like the real deal, I take my hand pizza cutter and use it as a salad chopper in my big stainless bowl...  I love a chopped salad!
 


Voila!!!  I have my yummy pretty chopped Sesame Shrimp Salad!
 


     The finishing touch -- the Asian Toasted Sesame salad dressing!! 
I use 2-3 tablespoons...
    

  It's a big salad and this is the size I make for myself for lunch or dinner.  Obviously, I know you guys are smart enough to make it any size you want and just adjust the portions accordingly!!  Of course, you could substitute all kinds of things, but you know that, too!!!
 
 I think I'm going to go make myself one right now -- before summer's over!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
 





No comments: