4.07.2012

Robin's Nest Springy Treats!!

     Me and my girls whipped up these treats today while my husband and son were up north opening up our little summer cottage (yay!).  This is a no bake recipe, so it is super easy (and messy)!!!  I let the girls take over after I made a few of them. 
Ingredients:
1 (11-12 oz) bag milk chocolate chips
1 (11-12 oz) bag peanut butter, butterscotch, white chocolate or any flavored chips
1 (10-12 oz) bag Chow Mein noodles
M &M's, Jellybeans, Chocolate eggs, or any other kind of "egg-shaped" candy (I used Whoppers)

Directions:
Empty your two bags of chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave on 50% power for 60 seconds. Stir and repeat until all chips are smoothly melted.  Gradually fold in chow mein noodles until covered in chocolate.  Now the messy part...  Form little nests onto wax paper (which I didn't have so I used foil).  Then place your egg shaped candies in the middle of your "nests".  Wait for chocolate to dry and harden or put in refrigerator to accelerate the hardening process.  Makes approximately 4 dozen.
     I plan on bringing some of these treats over to my mom's caregivers who are working on Easter -- hope they like them!!







No comments: