6.21.2012

Easy Summer Salad

     Recently Kerri at The Pleasures of My Life posted about this salad she had seen in a magazine.  Although she didn't have the exact quantities, she listed the the ingredients and put them into a yummy BLT Pasta Salad.
     With the 95 degree humid weather here in Michigan, it was time to try it!!  I went with a simple leaf lettuce so as not to scare the kids away with the arugula, which apparently looks too healthy for them!!
     I did not have any red onion and somehow ran out of my big container of EVOO so I substituted with Garlic Expressions salad dressing instead.  I shaved some fresh Parmesan cheese on top.  It was a perfect summer meal!!  I will definitely be making this a lot this summer.  As you can see, you can improvise on this as you like.  I would never have thought of a BLT pasta -- guess that's why you've never seen me on the Food Network!! 
     Thanks for the idea, Kerri!!

What I Used:
Rigatoni, Leaf Lettuce, Grape Tomatos, Bacon, Salt and Pepper and
Garlic Expressions dressing
 (or another oil based salad dressing)
BLT Pasta Salad

2 comments:

Heather (GurleeGirrl) said...

I love any kind of pasta salad!! This one looks yummy and very doable - even with my inept cooking skills!

Tanya said...

I am not a bacon girl but this salad looks SO good. Yum. I think I am going to try it out this week. Thank you for sharing it.