3.12.2012

An MP3....Like, Kinda FREE!!

     I don't know why, but I can barely resist a good deal.  I know some many of my friends think it is a waste of time to chase things down to save $5 or even $20 or more!!  They say, what about the gas money, the time it takes, the hassle, etc...  I get it -- really I do!!!  And yet, it didn't stop me from going out around 9 pm Sunday night to my local CVS when I saw this post on the Hip2Save website I've mentioned several times before (thanks, Jennifer).
     A $79.99 MP3, on sale for $49.99 and a free CVS $10 gift card with purchase.  Not tooooo interesting.  But wait, they went on clearance and were ringing up for $9.99 and giving back a $10 gift card!?  Now I'm intrigued!  So, after getting the blessing of my husband, I headed out at 9 pm to my nearby CVS and sure enough!  There was only one box left sitting on a shelf, but no indication of markdown.  Gave my CVS card to the cashier, and it rang up for $9.99...and I got my $10 gift card back.  Awesome!!!
     Two CVSs later, and I am the proud owner of 4 of these.  Yes, I even left some on the shelves for others....
     So, after the first purchase, I used the $10 gift cards to buy the others...  If you're lucky, there could still be some at your CVS -- I think it's a good deal and hope to try one out sometime soon.  The way I look at it...even if it doesn't work that great -- I didn't lose much!!  If they seem like decent quality, I will give them as gifts in the future so act surprised if you get one ;)
     Anyone else like the thrill of the hunt in the shopping world!?  Or, are you more practical like many of my other friends??



3 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm so impressed with your bargain hunting!!

Heather (GurleeGirrl) said...

Awesome!!! I love a good find girly! Must head out to a CVS today!

Sarah said...

I can't find the time for coupons these days! But I find even better deals at yard sales and thrift stores :)