3.02.2012

Winter Getaway - The End!

Wildlife World Zoo & Aquarium    
     The Thursday before we left, my husband took the kids to the Wildlife World Zoo & Aquarium in Litchfield Park, Arizona.  Me, I opted for a pool day since the temps at the end of the week were 78-80 degrees -- nobody minded and everyone was happy.  I even ended up meeting a girl from Michigan who happened to sit by me at the pool.  We chatted the day away and it made the time pass even faster.
     As for the kids and my husband, they had a great time at the Zoo.  Apparently, it was a very "hands on" place as you can see below.  Feeding birds and giraffes, petting stingrays and starfish -- they had a great time and stayed there all day. 
     I had a perfect day by the pool and towards the end of the day I received a text that the birds had "pooped" on my husbands head when they went back to feed them for a second time!  The kids thought it was the most hilarious thing ever and are still talking about it.
     I am glad they took a lot of pictures -- so I felt like I was there, too.  I do wish I would have seen the giraffes -- I think they are so pretty!!!
     If anyone is still reading, thanks for bearing with me while I finish my little bloggy scrapbook of our vacation. I know, four days of vacation pictures -- what could be worse, right!?  If it wasn't for this blog, I am not sure I would take the pictures and it probably would take forever for me to download them so I am grateful to have the memories!!
TGIF!

















3 comments:

Heather (GurleeGirrl) said...

LOVED all of your pictures! So jealous though - stuck here in Michigan in the yucky cold! That zoo looks awesome - and it looks like the kids LOVED it. I love that you got a "mom" day to relax by the pool - we all need those!

Ruth said...

Thanks for sharing your vacation. Sounds like you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time. Time with family is priceless :)