8.23.2011

Ravioli - Kicked Up a Notch

     One thing I've learned from reading blogs is that it's a great way to share recipes.  Although I do have some recipes of my own, recently I found myself in a bind for a quick dinner and after looking in my freezer and seeing a couple half bags of frozen ravioli, I had a flashback to a recipe I saw over at Clover Lane.  I would have never thought to do this, but sometimes you just want your kids to eat without any moaning and groaning about the same ol' stuff. 
     It was good, and I even did a batch for the adults with some Lobster Ravioli I had.  Something different and pretty quick and easy!
Toastedoli
2 TBS whole milk
1 egg
1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
25 oz. package frozen cheese ravioli, thawed
3 cups of vegetable oil for frying
2 TBS parmesan cheese
1 jar of spaghetti sauce, for dipping

Thaw raviolis.  

Combine milk and egg in a small bowl.  Place breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in another bowl.  Dip ravioli in milk mixture, and coat with breadcrumbs.

Heat sauce in a small pan for later.

In a large heavy frying pan, pour oil to depth of 2 inches.  Heat oil over medium heat until a small amount of breading sizzles and turns brown. Fry ravioli, a few at a time, until each side is golden.  Drain on paper towels.  Serve with heated sauce for dipping.  Enjoy!



Egg and Milk/Breadcrumbs and Parmesan Cheese

Don't Look - The Not-So-Healthy Part

The End Result = Yummy Dipped in Marinara/Spaghetti sauce!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Looks very tasty!