1.01.2013

Reflecting on 2012 on New Year's Day...


   
     Well, I may be a day late (and a dollar short), but this ol' blog helps me reflect on the days, weeks, months, and now even years gone by.  Although I haven't been as disciplined about capturing everything I would like, I do love all the connections I have made, pictures I would not have otherwise taken, and memories captured here.  I am definitely going to keep at it!!
     2012 was a good year and a pretty busy year.  Here are some highlights:
     We went on a family trip to the Scottsdale and Sedona, Arizona areas which I blogged about hereWe love Arizona and had a great time!!
     There were, of course, several things that came up with regard to my mom and caring for her.  One of the more alarming days was when I picked her up for a doctor's appointment and found what she had done to her hair.  I am sure my blood pressure was through the roof that day.  Then, there was the call I received when she fell and was taken to the hospital while I was up north with my family.  That was scary and has a sense of deja vu to it.  I think a lot of us remember this past summer as being especially HOT HOT HOT!!  We got a surprise call that the power was out at my mom's senior apartment complex, so Grandma came over for a sleepover with us and we helped her "keep cool".  We were also very happy to celebrate her one year anniversary of living at her senior living apartment.  There were times we were not sure it would work.
     I was proud and lucky enough to travel to Orlando, FL to see Megan perform with the high school marching band at the Magic Kingdom at Disney World.  It was a fun getaway and a once in a lifetime trip for Megan.  Megan also survived her freshman year of high school and hasn't looked back.  She also took driver's ed and is driving with a permit.  She was very busy with soccer, marching band and her heavy class load.
     Jacob and Kristin turned 12 in June and had a small celebration with some friends.  They survived their first year of middle school, played soccer, volleyball, and football, and kept good grades during an extra busy fall.
     We did not get to our place up north as much as we would have liked.  However, we did have a great time when we did as shown here and here.
     The highlight of our summer was traveling to the East Coast for a family visit.  The weather was noticeably cooler and more bearable and we all had a great time!!
     All of the kids and the parents were exceptionally busy during September and October.  The past four months have gone by super fast.  You can always check out what Megan was up to.  Megan remains a very responsibly student.  She loves anything to do with One Direction (obsessed) or music and her friends from school.  Jacob kept busy, too and enjoyed his first year of middle school football.  He has developed quite a sense of humor and I am enjoying watching him become a young man who is also smart, polite and sensitive.  Kristin is always happiest hanging out with friends, but kept super busy with soccer and volleyball this past fall.  She is kind hearted, diplomatic, and has become quite creative with her arts and crafts this past year.  We laugh together a lot!
     Once November hit, things really went by fast preparing for the holidays, going to concerts, a visit from my mother-in-law, and some post season football games.  It's all been quite a ride and we look forward to a clean slate in 2013 and making the most of all the new year has to offer!!!
     Looking forward to following you on your journey, too!!
 



















 

3 comments:

yaya said...

Happy New Year and I hope all goes well for your family in 2013. You did have a busy year but isn't it fun to look back and relive some of the fun memories? Where in the midwest are you located, if you don't mind me asking...Take care!

Heather (GurleeGirrl) said...

Happy New Year Cindy! Isn't something how busy those kids can keep us?!? I swear, time FLIES by.

The Pawlak Family said...

OMG! At first I wasn't sure how this was a big year for you...now I understand. Some serious numbers there...what a year to celebrate!