12.24.2011

Christmas Eve

     Tonight is a very special night.  Christmas Eve has always meant a special celebration for me and my mom's side of the family.  Since I was a kid, we celebrated at my grandparents house with my aunts, uncles and cousins.  Santa even came every year!!  Even though my grandparents have gone to heaven, we have continued this tradition with my aunts and uncles and me and my husband taking turns hosting.  This year it's our turn to host my extended family for Christmas Eve.  Me and my kids are especially excited that Lucas (our 3-year-old cousin) will be among the18 of us celebrating!  
     Recently, while I was looking for Christmas decorations at my mom's old house, I came across this favor she had saved.  I gave these "Christmas Eve" Yankee candles out the last time we hosted Christmas Eve in 2007 along with this little poem I wrote for our family.  It gave me a reason to reflect on how much has changed in the last four years and how important it is to treasure the time you have with family and friends.
Wishing you and your family warm memories made this Christmas Eve!!



2 comments:

Ruth said...

Tonight was a lot of fun and all the food was delicious!!

*~Dani~* said...

I remember that candle! I think it was my first Christmas Eve at your house.