10.22.2011

Finally Feeling Fall

     It's a beautiful Fall weekend here in Michigan, blue skies, sunny, bright, fall colors and about 55 degrees!!!!  Seems our weekends have been one extreme or the other...either in the 80s (which is nice, but not "Fallish") or rainy, windy and chilly.  Today, well, it's "just right"!
     Today our kids have played in two baseball and two soccer games, but tomorrow we are finally hoping to get to the cider mill and take in some Fall activities as a family.  Only one more weekend of outdoor Fall sports (insert mom doing the "happy dance").
     Thought I would take a minute to share my front porch.  This year, I have decorated my front porch the way I like it.  Less (no) Halloween and more Fall.  Now that my kids are 11 (x2) and 14, I am phasing out the Halloween decor.  No worries, my light up pumpkins, skeletons and ghosts are still around, just not on the porch this year.  I'll probably move them around for Halloween night, but for now mom's taking back "the porch"
     Hope you are enjoying your Fall weekend, too!!






1 comment:

Sarah said...

beautiful! i love the mums- so full and rich! much more tasteful than spider webs and skeletons :)