6.17.2011

Thank You Notes

      I can't help myself...I have to laugh at "life" by putting my own sarchastic spin on things.  There's just so much to laugh/cry about when you've been married 18 years and have 3 kids...  So sometimes I will share what I am genuinely thankful for...and other times I will do this...


     Have you seen Jimmy Fallon do his "Thank You Notes" on Fridays?  Check it out here and then you will get the tone of what I am trying to say. 


So, here is my first Thank You Note, a Family Edition:
Thank You Family For.... 
  • Rushing out the day before my birthday to get me some presents...and leaving me here to haul the big cooler, salad and chairs to the soccer game and picnic....
  • Insisting on bringing home two goldfish and four snails from your 5th grade class science project...and then never feeding or taking care of them like you promised
  • Saying yes when I asked you to make the kids lunches on my birthday...since I had been up since 5:15 am.....and then leaving the peanut butter, jelly, and lots of crumbs on the counter
  • Wrapping my presents the night before my birthday and arguing, crying and whining because your sister took the wrapping paper you wanted....
  • Continuously pretending you don't recognize any of your own "stuff" that I put on the stairs for you to take up to your room
  • Putting your clothes in the dirty laundry even though you only tried them on...because you are too lazy to fold them yourself and put them away...
  • Bickering about whose "turn" it is to let the dog out every time the poor guy wants to go outside
Can any of you relate to any of this or is it just my family??  I'd love to know what you are saying "thank you" to your family for...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

These are hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!